Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It has been a few days since I posted and I hope this finds all who read this doing well. Dixon, CA, is home to the new Sacramento Valley VA National Cemetery; something we were unaware of until it opened last year. After this past Memorial Day weekend, we drove by the cemetery on our way home. My husband and I haven't been down that way in awhile and it struck us so deeply how many more headstones are there. There were about 6 very large American flags put up for this special day; many flowers and people were there to pay their respects. It is a rather stark, treeless cemetery...it hasn't developed the beauty of Arlington National or Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis, MO, but I'm sure there are plans. We both feel honored to have this bittersweet landmark in our home town, and we pray the war will end soon. We both want to express our many thanks to all who have served (I have 4 in my immediate family alone) and those who are still serving our country...those who "stand on the wall" to keep us (USA) safe. May they return safely and may we take care of them and those who have returned, with all the love, caring and medical (ALL fields) assistance they so rightly deserve. God bless all our soldiers.

No comments: