Friday, January 28, 2011

On January 19, 2011, I had to put down my beautiful Birman Nestle. He was 18 years, 9 months old. I had him only for about 10 years, but he was my buddy through so many tough times in my life. I miss him terribly, and it was a very hard decision to make. He was still eating & purring but had lost control of his potty habits. He was on medication for seizures and it was the right thing to do. I know he was in pain from arthritis, had trouble walking and his quality of life was so diminished. We did have 2 good hours with him to say our goodbyes, and our veterinarian was incredible making it a quick and peaceful ending.
Thank you to Dr. Timm, his staff and all my family and friends who have given me emotional support through this hard time. Hugs to you all, Terry

No comments: