Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thought I'd try my hand at the camera...this is a close-up of the inside of a 30+ year old barrel cactus from my mom. I'm not a photographer at all, but have found the want to incorporate my own photos in my art, as well as just try my best at taking some decent photos to hang. This almost has a wedding feel to it since it is done in black & white...in reality it is cream colored and pale yellow. It opens once a year and the bloom lasts only for a day, if we're lucky. My husband and I were both out early clicking away when we realized it had reached it's peak of perfection bloom.

1 comment:

di from di-did-it said...

ooo... this is eye-catching. I especially like the light showing through the petals in the upper right area. So glad you were there to capture it (& share it with us)!