Thursday, April 9, 2009

Well, I have egg on my face for not keeping my promise to myself. So, here is one of the eggs I did for an Easter/Spring Egg swap, and 2 mini-boxes for another swap. The boxes have a new technique where I took glass slides, layered small cutouts between the glass and used aluminum tape as "solder". These were my first tries and I'm pretty happy with them. I also added buttons on the bottom for little feet. The insides are painted with a small picture glued to the bottom. The egg is a cardboard one from the craft store - gessoed, painted and glued all over with shells and pearl beads...very fun to do. Now I need to get off my rear and make some samples of new ideas...explore what is hiding in "OZ" and stretch my imagination!